For a lot of the time it was just me and the Little Guy (now 7) in the house. Yesterday he looked around, looked at me and, totally deadpan, said:
"Well, there's no doubt they're back".
Oh yes. The evidence is all there:
- 3 pairs of giagantic size 14 shoes in the hallway. They don't even fit under the hallstand like everyone else's - not that their owner has even tried.
- Wet towels all over the place. (I have decided not even to touch the ones lying on their beds - sleeping on a damp mattress might do the trick.)
- a fridge that's devoid of food no matter how many times I replenish supplies.
- computers and Internet left on all night. (Big consequences there.)
- all the mugs in the kitchen have vanished.
- TVs tuned to Top Gear or America's Top Model. (The fact they've seen every single episode seems to be beside the point.)
- pungent odours coming from one room and overpowering scents from the other.
School starts next week so I'll stay off their backs for the moment!